Most people would agree that a warehouse is a well-oiled machine – and in truth, it has to be. Just think about it, all those people in all those different roles working together to put products where they need to be – in the hands of the customers. And while there are numerous and essential jobs that work towards that goal, there is one that is often overlooked but nonetheless essential in achieving that goal: packaging.
But what makes a good packer or packager?
Here are some key facets of the job that you should keep in mind when hiring for this critical role:
- They should be able to label containers, tags, products, order forms, and complete all adjacent paper/digital work quickly and efficiently
- They should be able to measure, weigh, and count material and product accurately
- Able to ensure any and all packaging specifications are met, including container inspection, sorting of materials, and checking product content of each package
- Ability to seal containers and packages using materials provided
- Place products into packaging processing equipment
- Line, pad, and assemble containers, cartons, and crates using tools provided
- Keep a clean and orderly working environment, including containers, materials, and supplies using tools provided
- Transport packages to customers vehicles as required
- Pour, fill, and load materials and products into contains using equipment provided
You want the person to be friendly, able to work with others, follow direction, take criticism, and take pride in what they do. When considering the personalities of your workers – packaging or other – it is always important to keep in mind their “fit” into the bigger picture of your organization.
How Can a Staffing Agency Help?
Partnering with a staffing agency comes with many benefits. For starters, you will save time and money by relying on a partner who can vet candidates for you and ensure you are only meeting with those potential employees who are not only skilled but fit into the culture of your organization.
This won’t only save you time and money, but you’ll add a valued employee to your ranks that can only come when the right role is aligned with the right candidate.
Choose Ascend Staffing to Find Your Next Outstanding Packager
Contact Ascend Staffing and we’ll help align you with the ideal candidates for your role; candidates that add value to your organization.