The health and well-being of our employees and clients is important to us. While many questions regarding COVID-19 remain unanswered at this time, there are practical, commonsense ways to take care of yourself, protect others and monitor latest developments.
For the general American public, such as workers in non-healthcare settings and where it is unlikely that work tasks create an increased risk of exposure to COVID-19, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low. While some states have seen isolated potential and confirmed cases of COVID-19, and these have thus far been expediently and appropriately handled by health care professionals, the best remedy against serious outbreak is prevention. Based on guidance recommended by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Ascend Staffing recommends that employees:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home if you experience shortness of breath, coughing, or flu like symptoms
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% alcohol) if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid shaking hands
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, countertops, workstations with regular household cleaning spray or wipes
- Do not wear a face mask unless showing symptoms of respiratory illness, including COVID-19
Employees who have questions or concerns regarding this information, Ascend Staffing’s leave policies, or any other issue, should speak with their local branch. To find contact information for your local Branch, please visit:
Clients who have questions or concerns regarding this information or any other issue can use a form we established for COVID-19 communications. To use this form, visit:
To learn more about COVID-19 and to keep up with the latest developments, follow the link below or go to your local Department of Health website.
We will continue to stay abreast of the developing situation and keep our employees and clients informed as necessary.